Stockycat.com Entries

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ohio Gun Case

Many have asked me my view of the recent Ohio Gun case. They soon regret asking.

The Supreme Court of Ohio upheld a state law that eliminated most local gun-control ordinances. The opinion is here.

I don't have a lot to say on the issue at this time that could be interesting to most people. Sorry. The opinion is based on the Home Rule Amendment to the Ohio Constitution. That Amendment is unique to Ohio. Like Federal Jurisdiction, only some people really enjoy talking/reading about this issue. And by "some" I mean "a very few tortured souls." While I count myself among the tortured souls, I won't subject any readers to this.

1 comment:

  1. Josh,

    I appreciate your deflection of this issue. It always seems to be an emotional one rooted in unwaivering patriotism, staunch conspirative analysis or fails to acknowledge the necessity for which the amendment exists. In any case, maybe over a long cup of coffee one day.....

    ReplyDelete