Stockycat.com Entries

Monday, March 21, 2011

Silly Season for TSA Protests Gets Sillier

Just when I thought we had reached the limits of TSA foolishness, I read more about that student who was arrested at Richmond Airport in Virginia after stripping and writing the text of the Fourth Amendment across his chest to officials.  He is suing. 

My initial reaction:  “Of course he is.”

Previously, I had written about this story under the headline, “Silly Season for the Fourth Amendment and the TSA.

TSA procedures should be subjected to scrutiny.  I believe the TSA is squarely within the confines of the Fourth Amendment Fourth.  The problem is that juvenile stunts like this make it more difficult to engage in a meaningful discussion of Fourth Amendment issues, especially as we try to apply the law to new technologies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment